Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am new

Hello,
I just got a new Pentax K-r and I am looking forward to taking lots of shots. I have a Opti w90 that has been a very handy little camera. It takes excellent underwater pictures.

Using Google I have been by the forum several times as I researched the K-r.
I feel buying the K-r was a great purchase for the money. I am trying to learn how to adjust my K-r to except my old Pentax film lenses. I think I found an old discussion so I can go there and save anyone the time to repeat the instructions. I think it is pretty tough to be Pentax entry level cameras.

I like the forum,

Racerdew or David.

04-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! You already found useful information on this forum and there is a ton more so be sure to take some time and explore. Enjoy!
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

hI, and welcome to the forum, David. In your research you have probably found the following thread, but if not it is really helpful.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-manua...7-k-x-etc.html
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Whoops - sent the above before adding this other link to Robert Donovan's article.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59287-shooting-manua...x-dslrs-f.html

04-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, I did find the link and made the adjustment to my new camera. Tonight I was able to use my 25 year old Sigma 70-210 film lense with my K-r. It was very cool to use it again and make all of the adjustments on the camera just like the old days with my Pentax ME super.

David
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #6

Welcome David.

I still have my ME Super and all my old manual K mount lenses to go with my digital gear. I even use a second-class Vivitar 2x teleconverter with my M Taukumar 200mm F4 on my K100D DSLR...got some fine grizzly bear photos in Yellowstone Park with that rig, all hand-held and manual exposure.

Robert's article that Arnie cited is a good one...enjoy the forum and have fun blending the old legacy and new digital Pentax equipment...one reason Pentax is one of the best values in photography today.
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hello Mark Lee,
I enjoyed reading your post. What a difference a digital camera makes. I remember the old days when you hoped to get one or two shots out of a roll of 36. All manual focus and apeture. My ME Super found the shutter speed for youl. That was the big jump in technology back then. Now I can get much better pictures with my K-r or point and shoot for that matter. Then you do some editing and look like a pro.

I bet you had fun focusing on Grizzlies with your old gear!

David