Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Greetings everyone

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the photography world and just received my K-7 last night. When I purchased the K-7 three weeks ago, the seller "mistakenly" shipped me a K-x. Anyway, so now I finally have my K-7 in hand and am ready to get started. I have been spending a lot of time reading and trying to familiarize myself with photography but I guess the best way to learn is just get out there. I live in the beautiful Northwest of the U.S. and plan to do a lot of landscape photos and, I guess whatever catches my eye.

I look forward to getting to know you those of you who frequent the forums in addition to learning from you. If you have any general recommendations for me, fire away. Thanks.

Tracy

04-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and congratulations with your K-7. I have found the Pentax DA 12-24mm wide angle zoom to be a great lens for landscape!

SMC Pentax-DA 12-24mm F4 ED AL [IF] Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Welcome, I have learned a lot from everyone on the forum. Read post-search the forum and there is usually information you are looking for, if not start a new thread. Everyone has been great. Have fun, you have a great area to photograph.
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome wcchamp18. Yeah, getting out and taking a lot pictures really helped me, especially when I remembered to take along the manual!