Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello!

I am a total newbie. I've been wanting a DSLR for some time now. I finally took the leap and ordered a Pentax k-x. I have spent months looking over reviews and thought that I had it decided to buy the Nikon d3100. Then I came across some reviews for the Pentax k-x. Hopefully, I made the right decision. I liked the fact that the Nikon had an in camera guide since I'm new at DSLR. Hoping that the Pentax doesn't have a steep learning curve.

The camera I bought only comes with the one 18-55 lens. Will that be okay for while I'm learning about ISO, aperature, etc.? I'll mainly be taking pictures of my kids and family. We have 7 kids. So, they will be my main focus. We also go to the zoo alot.

I hope I don't ask two many ridiculous questions on the forum. I'm just used to a point and shoot camera. Thanks in advance for all of the helpful information that I know I'm going to learn here!

m2mny

04-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The 18-55 is a great lens to start out with, and will most likely be all that you need for quite a while! Of course, the zoo may call for a longer focal length like perhaps the 55-300mm Pentax zoom:

SMC-Pentax-DA-55-300mm-F4-5.8-Zoom-Lens

Last edited by Ole; 04-30-2011 at 02:44 PM.