Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings all from UK

Dear all
I came across this forum while searching for a Pentax camera body to go with my quite old lenses. Since registering I have groped around trying to pick up how, who, what, and which way I should progress. It seems to be quite a friendly place to visit, with much to view and helpful advice freely available. I hope to pick a few brains shortly!
My background in photography stretches back to the eighties when I first picked up a Pentax K1000 which my younger brother had left lying around.
Once bitten by the 'bug' I progressed to owning a Super A body and picking up the odd lens when I could afford it.
My interests are mainly reportage and portraiture, but as you can see I'm from the Black & White school, having at one time my own home darkroom. Since the family arrived my photography had to be put away, given the cost factor etc. but I still kept going with the family album and snapshots using a handy little Nikon which could fit in the pocket.
I'm now approaching my sixtieth birthday and the family have suggested that a new camera would make a suitable present.
The juices are starting to flow again and with the advent of the digital age I now hope to get out there again and see if I still have the 'eye'.
Below are a few examples of my work.
Regards ~ appy

Attached Images

05-02-2011, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is one of the best introductions I've seen here so far. Wonderful photo's. Welcome!
05-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
Many thanks for the warm praise. It's sometimes difficult to be objective of one's own work but when it comes from others, then that does make a big difference. ~ appy
05-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #4

great pictures

05-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Great shots!!! Welcome to the Forum!!!!
05-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #6

Original Poster
Again many thanks for the compliments about my work. I intend to donate, when funds allow, and create an album in the near future. Cheers and regards to all ~ appy
05-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Great pictures, great intro. I share your interest for analog and manual photography. Welcome to the Pentaxian family

05-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots, appy, and welcome to the forum. I got my camera when I retired, and it seems that old dogs can learn new tricks!
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you all. The response has really gladdened my heart. It’s been quite a long time since I’d bothered to even look at my own work, let alone share it with others. To receive the attention and praise has certainly rekindled my ambition to test myself with a degree of exactness that I had long forgotten.
Regards ~ appy