Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings from Xiaomao!

Hi all! Very pleased to join the club!
Have been a Pentaxian for just one year. Just upgraded from K-x to K5. I love Pentax.
Warm regards!

Last edited by Xiaomao Yang; 05-04-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: More introduction
05-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Xiaomao Yang, welcome and enjoy the pentax forums and all the friendly members.
QuoteOriginally posted by Xiaomao Yang Quote
Just upgraded from K-x to K5
I wish I was so lucky
05-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Hello Xiaomao. Welcome to the forums! I spent some time studying/living in Kunming and the rest of Yunnan a few years ago. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures of the province.
05-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
[langtitle=zh-CN]I sold my loved K-x.[/langtitle]

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Hi Xiaomao Yang, welcome and enjoy the pentax forums and all the friendly members.

I wish I was so lucky
Hello, Christo! I sold my one-year good friend K-x and made up for the rest for the K5. Still getting used to the more complicated machine, though it has much in common with K-x. Yes, I'm feeling the friendliness already.
Regards!

05-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
[langtitle=zh-CN]Thank you for the welcome, Jurysi![/langtitle]

QuoteOriginally posted by jurysi Quote
Hello Xiaomao. Welcome to the forums! I spent some time studying/living in Kunming and the rest of Yunnan a few years ago. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures of the province.
The world is small, right? Kunming has changed a lot and is changing very fast, more and more modern buildings and structures, more people, more cars, ...
Here's a shot of the famous Dongchuan red land, about 170km from Kunming and is now a district of Kunming. Hope you'd like it. Sorry that it was not taken with a Pentax gear.
http://g3.img-dpreview.com/C2FFE7741258497DA961053331161296.jpg
All the best!
05-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #6

Beautiful shot!
Small world indeed. I was in Yunnan for four months at the end of 2008, and spent a lot of time in Kunming. Thankfully I was also able to see a lot of the rest of the province. Yunnan is one of my favorite places in the world, for a lot of different reasons.
In 2008 there was a lot of construction north of the city, so I could see it was all changing really fast.

Non-Pentax gear is allowed. I took thousands of pictures in China with a small Nikon ultra-zoom, but it's great that we've both found Pentax!

-Justin (Shen Jun was my given Chinese name)
05-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum, and I think you will enjoy your k-5 even more than your k-x. I don't have a k-5 yet, not until my k-7 usage have reached or exceed one-year since I want to keep the k-7 as a back-up once I get the k-5.

I heard from some of my friends that Kunming in Yunnan Province has many attractive places for nature photography. I hope to be there some day in the next year or so.
05-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi, thank you, Aleonx3! Yes, there are much more controls for K5, I'm still reading the manual from page to page, trying to find out its charms and potentials as much as possible. It will surely take me some time to know about the new equipment.
Your friends are right, there are quite many good places in Yunnan. For instance, scenic spots in and around Kunming, the Stone Forest, Yulong Snowy Mountains, Xianggelila (or Shangrila), Xishuangbanna Dai (Thai) Autonomous Prefecture, Dehong Dai (Thai) & Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture, Meili Snowy Mountains, Dongchuan Red Land (see my link as above), Earth Forest at Yuanmou, Colorful Sand Forest, and so on. Stay here for more than one month and you'll probably cover most of them.
Best regards!

05-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
Forum Member

Welcome and congratulations on your new camera. I hope to make the switch by next year since I just bought the K-r, and I am barely learning how to use it!!! Please post pictures of your beautiful country!
05-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your kindness, rdiazgreenberg! I love my K-x and used it for just one year and was greatly attracted by the more powerful K5. K5 is as quiet as a silence gun, while K-x is a machine gun. Here are some shots of our country that you might be interested in viewing. I'll post more in the future.
Regards!
http://g3.img-dpreview.com/23893C4BF2834125B60CB633A03F7622.jpg
http://g4.img-dpreview.com/BF798241D77D431798678477EB30D132.jpg
http://g2.img-dpreview.com/5CBBFC8E2CC84248B0469305ABA3920A.jpg
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Forum Member

Thank you for posting such great pictures! I was invited to go to your country in July 2011 but my grandson will be born soon so I won't get to go yet. In the meantime, please keep posting pictures so I can see it!
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy your stay.
05-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Dear Kent, thank you for your hospitality! I find this Forum really friendly.