Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #1

New to PF - Kx user

Hi all,
Just a quick note to say hello. I am new to Pentax Forums but normally hover (mostly silent) on DPR. I have and use a Kx with a number of lenses that I just seem to keep purchasing, don't know why . My favourite at the moment is the Da 15 ltd which just seems to take nice pics all on its own despite my best efforts.

I recently acquired the D FA100 wr and this has also been a very interesting lens given that I have not had any macro since I sold my Nikon D70s and tamron 28-200 macro about 2 years or so ago, it is so much fun to explore this world once again.

I find the kx a very pleasing cam to use. It has a few niggles but I find a very good cam overall. It's definteily better for sport than my Panasonic GF-1 because of its higher iso ability and the fact that I can get more than one shot off without having to wait for the viewfinder to catch up. I just seem to prefer using it now and the GF-1 pretty much sits and waits for that rare opportunity when I don't really want to take a cam with me.

Of course I lust after a K5 but at the moment I am content building a decent lens collection and actually prefer the lighter and smaller body of the kx. The kr would probably more than satisfy me really but I will see what happens next year.

Regards,
Paul

05-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Paul. I like your approach of collecting the glass first and only then considering upgrading your camera!
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Same here, Paul, but I am in the process of deciding which lenses to sell since I have now chosen the ones that work best for me. Enjoy the camera and welcome to the forum!