Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #1

Hello From Australia

Hello everyone, I am new here and new to photography. I will soon be purchasing my first DSLR which will be the Pentax K-r. I decided on this camera after lots and lots of researching. I currently only use a point and shoot Nikon and eagerly await my new camera so I can start reeducating myself on the true art of photography. My passion is in close up and macro, I just love to get that detail and images that you do not see with the naked eye. I intend to get the smc Pentax-D FA macro 100mm f2.8 to go with my new purchase, providing I can find one. Well I look forward to a long association with this site, having had a look through it seems to have pretty much everything covered that i may want answers to. I do have some of my pics that i have taken using my point and shoot but am not sure about posting links to external sites, especially one like deviantart. I will be having a bigger read of the rules and regulations that for sure. Well anyways that is enough, I look forward to being able to display my first images taken with my new K-r when i get it.

Cheers

Jason

05-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
05-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us!

05-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Jason.
The K-r is pretty much all you'll ever need for top quality photography, plus all the extra bits of customisation to make you feel at home with your camera.
The DFA 100 is a fantastic lens and will be sure to impress you with what it can do.
Look forward to your contributions here mate.
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you all for the welcomes. I am feeling comfortable already, I have a question about the lens I am going to buy but I will post it in the appropriate place.

Thanks again

Jason
05-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #7

Having an interest in macro shots you may like the group on flrk called Macro Monday.. (sorry im not sure if we are allowed to post about flkr, if not sorry!) But if we are its a really fun group with a great weekly challenge of macro shots, there is usually heaps of feedback on your pics and just expands your thinking, I hope your kr is serving you well!
05-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey - it's another Jason from Canberra!
Dont ride motorcycles too by any chance
Welcome to the forum, there's a couple of other Canberrians lurking around here too.

05-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #9

Witaj
05-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums,
Can't wait to see some pics!

JohnB
05-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #11

Original Poster
Hey again,

Sorry Lurch but I don't ride motorbikes, I never could seem to get the hang of them, but it is good to see some locals on the same forum. Thanks Bstar I will be checking that group out. To everyone else thanks again for the welcomes. Unfortunately it is going to take longer to get my K-r than originally planned, damn bills, always turning up at the most inconvenient times. If anyone is interested to see what sort of photos I have been taking using my p&s if you search google for jamcpics you should find me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jason