Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi from California

Hi,

I'm from California. My K-x just broke, fell on rock and end up in mountain streams. My lens turned to be ok but the body is dead with a crack. I'm looking for an used more robust body. In order to buy something here I have to say something , weird requirement.

I'm a little bit curious about this group though I joined last year. I used to be pentax user, penatx MZ-50 body and several lenses. I also have a whole set of m42 line of lens for Zenit 122 camera in China. I switched to Nikon when I was the US. Unfortunately my Nikon D70 and gears are stolen by a burglar last year. This time I change back to pentax since I have no Nikon gears left. Now I have another inventory of pentax lenses and m42 lenses in the US.

What's the general rule you'd follow to buy and sell here? Pay with personal check, paypal?

Wish to get some good stuff here.

05-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums.

In answer to your question, I suggest you have a good read of the Marketplace Regulations which set it all out fairly clearly.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-firs...ition-key.html

Particularly to sell, I would draw attention to the required that you must be a Forums supporter. (Financial Donation).

Enjoy the Forums, good to have you aboard. Sorry to hear about the camera mishap, rather devastating when these things happen.
05-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
Let me see how things going for me.
05-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Benhai welcome and sorry to hear about your k-x.
A k-7 may be what you need if on a budget or perhaps if you still have some insurance money left from the Nikon theft you could consider a K-5.
Don't forget that you can still use your older pentax lenses with the new bodies so make sure to keep your favorites.
Where in California are you?

Larry

05-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for suggestions. I'm in San Jose area, CA.

A K7 or K5 would be great. A saying said good investment only pay once and bad investment pay twice or more. But no matter what, we have to pay. You get what you paid for. My wife just wants me to keep pumping cash into mortgages to keep the monthly payment lower. To me that doesn't makes a lot sense. The amount of cash you put in and the lowered monthly payment you see are way too little.

It's not easy for me to change gear now. Everything are set to pentax ^_^. Lenses, adapters, flashes. I'm dead on pentax now.