Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #1

Greetings from MD, USA

Hello all!

I started taking photography seriously in middle school, with a K1000 I found at a Goodwill. I kept learning, and picking up more stuff. Usually the stuff I picked up was kind of junky, though… Sub-par glass and bodies I was never quite comfortable with. Plus, trying to find a style. I ended up starting to find my style with macros, textures… I ended up with the ridiculously plasticky 100/4 macro on the rather unwieldy-to-my-tiny-hands PZ-1 for a long time. Then life changes, the bulk of AF SLRs, my piles of weak glass, the bulk of a full wet darkroom… It all pushed me to back off on photography for a while, until I could afford a Sigma DP2… which, despite breaking my brand loyalty is a sweet, sweet camera.

Anyway, more life changes meant spending more time with photography, and something inside me told me to get back into film. Just processing negatives and scanning, no more prints even though the printing process was always my favorite part. I've started doing my homework a bit more, and just received an MX in the mail, which I really, really love the feel of. I still need to invest more in glass, but… Small steps!

Anyway, I've spent a lot of time lurking here recently, and figured I may as well just join up. So, that's the story up until now —*and hopefully the story goes on for a while. Last thing to mention, I'm brhefele on flickr, and while most of the stuff on there is from my Sigma, I've been getting more film up recently.

Thanks for having been such a great resource already —*Brian

05-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.
05-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard Brian, lurk no more & btw that's some intro.
05-19-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Brian--it's always good to know of other Pentaxians in the area!

05-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brh Quote
Anyway, I've spent a lot of time lurking here recently, and figured I may as well just join up. So, that's the story up until now —*and hopefully the story goes on for a while. Last thing to mention, I'm brhefele on flickr, and while most of the stuff on there is from my Sigma, I've been getting more film up recently.

Thanks for having been such a great resource already —*Brian
Welcome aboard Brian,

I swung-by your flikr page and wanted to say that I really like your style.
And I especially like the minimalist stuff(textures) as you call them.

Can't wait to see more on this in the forums.
Take care and don't forget to post!

JohnB
05-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
brh

Original Poster
Thanks everybody

kerrowdown —*what is a person, without a backstory?
Dave —*I agree!
John —*Thank you, it was actually interesting to me to find a buch of old film recently, process it, and see when my current style may have started taking shape…