Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #1

Howdy Pentaxians!

Howdy, evenyone! I'm Josh and I'm new here, obviously. I just wanted to start by saying hello to everyone. I've used these forums as a wealth of information for a while now and figured I'd make a public appearance.

I've had my K200D for a couple years now and love most things about it...though of course I'd like something a bit nicer in the future, once I improve my composition and shooting skills, especially with the handful of manual lenses I have. Coming from Point 'n Shoots, the dSLR world is still fairly new and unknown to me. I'm looking to explore more with newer lenses optimized for dSLRs and old film lenses alike, especially those that can be had on a small budget.

I'm certain I'll enjoy my stay here and I'll try to avoid the marketplace as much as possible!

05-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard(officially that is)!

You've got a very good piece of camera with the K200D and plenty of headroom for some amazing performances. You'll find nothing but respect for the K200 in these forums.

Anyways, I'll keep my eyes open and look forward to some pictures from you soon.
Cheers!

JohnB
05-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, JohnB. I'll post some pics I have taken over the last couple years, mostly close-ups or other oddball shots...then some others as I go along. I let my mom borrow my camera and she returned it with a melted kit lens...not sure how she managed that! So now I'm on the prowl for a new one, as I did like the quality of the 18-55mm.
05-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jmccoy Quote
Thanks for the welcome, JohnB. I'll post some pics I have taken over the last couple years, mostly close-ups or other oddball shots...then some others as I go along. I let my mom borrow my camera and she returned it with a melted kit lens...not sure how she managed that! So now I'm on the prowl for a new one, as I did like the quality of the 18-55mm.
You welcome!

Sorry to head about your mom's incident. And you should be able to find a replacement lens on in the market section here on the site or eBay for very good price.

I too really learned to love the kit lens.

The 18-55 turned out to be a very good performer once I got used to it with my own K200D as well. And so to keep-up, I always keep one in my kit or sling for those quick jobs.

Look me up when you post some shots btw.
It's always exciting to see and share new images with others.

JohnB

05-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #5

Original Poster
John (and others who may be interested),

I posted some older shots I took, mostly from 2008-2009: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/144765-other-collection-...ive-taken.html

I'm open to suggestions/thoughts, of course!

More to come...