Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #1

Location: Redwood Valley, Nor*Cal (97--)/Pocatello,ID (90-97)/SoCal Born&Raised(71-90)
Hello from beautiful Redwood Valley, California!

Well, after trying out and sending back a couple of different DSLR's (Sony, Canon), I finally settled on the K-7, and I LOVE it! I am so glad to be with Pentax, they just seem like a more personal and friendly company than the big Canikon, and you seem to get more for your money. I had around 1000 to spend, and I simply could not find anything comparable among the other guys, and the K-7 is built like a tank, anything at this price range among the other guys is all plastic, that was a HUGE selling point for me. I mean, what good is a camera if you are afraid to take it outdoors?

I am new to the SLR World, though I've been taking photos for most of my 40 years I live in a very beautiful area, Mendocino County in Northwestern California, it is mega rich in photo opportunities, I hope to take advantage of all I can!

Well, that's me, I am happy to be a member, and hope to contribute as much to this site as I've already gained from it, you guys rock!

Edit-The setup I got from B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/653421-REG/Pentax_17831_K_7_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

Any tips on good lenses would be great, or any other tips, info, etc., thanks!

Last edited by SoCalRailRoadGuy; 05-21-2011 at 10:55 PM.
05-22-2011, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new camera of yours, some great reviews on lenses right here on the forum, which you may find helpful.
05-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #3

Location: Redwood Valley, Nor*Cal (97--)/Pocatello,ID (90-97)/SoCal Born&Raised(71-90)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that new camera of yours, some great reviews on lenses right here on the forum, which you may find helpful.
Thanks Kerrowdown, I am loving my new baby I will check those reviews out, thanks!
05-22-2011, 04:03 AM - 1 Like   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and congrats on the K-7. Enjoy your outings with it and look forward to your contributions here.

05-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Welcome and congrats on the K-7. Enjoy your outings with it and look forward to your contributions here.
Thanks Ash! I will do my best to contribute what I can, and appreciate the welcome!