Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #1

Greetings from Austin, TX

I'm Walt Bronstad. Seventy years of age. I've dabbled with photography since 1963, abandoning an old Argus C-3 for a Miranda Sensorex SLR.

When a friend sold me his house, complete with darkroom and gear, I had an escape from the doleful tedium of graduate studies. The darkroom revealed the terrible freedom of compounding photographic errors with darkroom errors. The enlarger, trays, dryer and tanks followed me from Michigan to Texas to New Zealand, to Oregon and back to Texas; well travelled, but never making another print.

Miranda Camera Company died before my Sensorex; I replaced it with a Pentax SF1 and other makes, settling in on the company that had respect for its old lenses.

Mostly I document family, flowers and travel. e.g tiny.cc/HF2PC

05-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Forum Member

Welcome Walt. Always good to have another Pentaxian. So do you plan on moving from what sounds like a frustrating experience with film to the digital age?
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
Not terribly frustrating; I never allocated time to more than casual amateur status. Never had the time or motivation to construct another darkroom in successive locations. The initial motivation for darkroom work was economy and fascination. Used to roll my own 35 mm tri-x from 100 foot rolls.

More pressing needs did not allow enough time for much development of photogeraphic skills.