Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from London

Hi, my name is Tim, and I am about to become a new member of the Pentax owner club. In my quest on the high street to actually try some out, I can sense already that you are possibly a minority bunch (is hard work finding any shops that actually stock Pentax cameras), but (from the quality of the DSLRs I've eventually tracked down and played around with) also a very wise and discerning group!

I've decided to buy a K5 - what an amazing camera for its range. I was almost set on a Nikon D7000, and am extremely glad I at the very last minute decided to try out some Pentax models before taking the plunge.

I am taking a long-planned step-up into the world of the DSLR. A recent redundancy has left me with the time on my hands required to finally take the plunge, and am just waiting for my redundancy cheque to supply the other missing cog - the cash! Within about a week I will own my first Pentax, and can't wait! This forum looks great, and I have learnt plenty already, and look forward to learning way more once I've got the camera...

05-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Tim!

I'm confident that the K-5 will serve you well!
05-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hi, You're up late!

Welcome from another brit!

LCE are good at stocking Pentax and if you can get out to Watford, SRS are brilliant!

Kim
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome to the forum, teamplayer. I used a retirement cheque to get my K-5 - I guess I'm now redundant in the old workplace, but happy to now have some time for taking photos!

05-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #5

Welcome aboard, I agree with Kim, SRS Microsystems are very good, I travel all the way from Dudley to visit them, you get the chance to handle the items and try them on your equipment, and their prices are as good as internet prices and large stock of new and second hand lens including many that are not readily available elsewhere. enjoy your new camera.
Best wishes, Gary.
08-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for all your support and good advice. I compared prices at LCE and SRS, and decided to go down to SRS. I told them as I purchased the K5 + kit, and 35mm f/2.4 lens, that I had been helpfully sent their way by this forum, and the guy was seriously gushing about the users. As well as being seriously helpful - I suppose as you would be when faced with a customer about to part with £1000+! - they were very friendly, so thanks again for the tip.

Now to work out how to use this beast!
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello, @teamplayer! Good to know there are other South East-based peeps here!

@Kim C: I'll have to pop up to Watford sometime myself! Looking to get a K-5 too.

08-03-2011, 04:29 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi

Can't recommend them enough, Fredericus. And the price on their K5 was as cheap as anywhere I'd found online. He even relaxed the price jump on the body + kit which had happened the day before, and sold it to me for the previous price.

Didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking amateur questions, either!

As for the K5, what an unbelievable camera - so far, I can't put it down. I just like holding it, even when I'm not snapping.