Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Hello from San Jacinto, CA

I have three Olympus cameras, an E1, an E500 and an E520. The E1, albeit old, is my favorite. Still, I wanted a bit more capability. Should I get an E3 or an E5? Perhaps, but the future of Olympus seemed almost as bleak as that of Sigma. I thought it time to add a different brand. I wanted a good viewfinder, good reliability, a bit of weatherproofing and access to lots of lenses; so after a good deal of research I bought a "seller reconditioned" K20d.

I tested the heck out of it in order to discover any flaws it might have and after a few days discovered that it had 'orbs." I checked a couple of different lenses to make sure it was the camera and not the lenses. I went through all the "gentle-cleaning" procedures but didn't want to try anything to risky inasmuch as the seller agreed to send me a replacement; which is due on Thursday, June 2nd.

I already know I love everything about the camera (except the orbs). Its viewfinder is better than the one on my old E1. I post my photos on a blog and one person commented that he didn't particularly like the scenery I photographed but thought the new photos (the ones from he K-20d) were superior to anything I had previously posted. I still like my E1 but I am looking forward to getting the replacement K20d.

Perhaps most people on this forum have moved beyond the K20d, but it is an upgrade for me (in most respects) and I expect to savor it a long while before "moving up" which in my case doesn't mean selling my old cameras but adding to them.

05-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for that informative introduction. Please enjoy your stay.