Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pendax x90 exposure and strips problem

Hello,
I purchased a Pendax X90 from Pixmania a year ago. For the last 3 months I experimented with time lapse having cloud development/movement as my theme. I usually take 1000 frames (1024x768 pixels each), one every 10 seconds. Yesterday I setup my camera for such a sequence. I selected the AUTO PICT and the exposure was auto set to F/7.1 and 1/320sec. In the middle of the procedure the camera took a whitish (overexposed) shot, changing the settings to F/3.5 and 1/200sec. After that it took 2-3 good shots, a whitish one, 2-3 good shots and then all the rest were whitish. I noticed that the whitish frames where covered by a little bit lighter and darker horizontal dense strips.
The problem persisted with single pictures and different resolutions. When I previewed the taken pictures on the LCD or the EVF or as thumbnails on the PC then curved lines appeared (like field lines).
In AUTO PICT the exposure settings are changing but they are wrong. If the scene is bright then the picture if overexposed. If the scene is dark then the exposure is good but the picture still has the problem with these strips.
Please give me an advice if you can.
Thanks

Attached Images

05-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First of all, Welcome to the forum, and secondly, I feel you will have more chance at getting an answer if you post your question in the Pentax Beginners corner section of the forum.