Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

noob with a KX

i got myself a KX about 3 months ago. still getting used to it as this is my first DSLR.

one thing that really interests me is HDR images. however, the KX does 3 different types of HDR that i dont understand.

for example, type one is the KX built in filter which kind of works, but provides a lot of halos around things.

then there is an 'HDR STRONG' and 'HDR WEAK' which takes 3 pictures in different exposure, then the camera automatically over laps them to provide a great HDR. however, i'm trying to figure out how to adjust the exposures. i think, the default setting for this is -.1, 0, +.1

then the third is the regular HDR that takes 3 pictures in different exposures, and you have to manually overlap them on your computer.

and i'm still trying to take pictures of kids (1 year or younger), but find it almost impossible as they constantly keep moving around! pesky lil things

and i'm wondering if its normal for the auto-focus of the kit lens to be fairly slow and cumbersome. i stopped using it for that particular reason.

either way, i'm really enjoying this camera. after researching for about a year and a half to two years, the KX constantly kept coming on the top in terms of features and price and everything. the other camera i was strongly considering was the Nikon D90, but opted out for the KX when i found a used for in great shape, and even better price. so yeah...

05-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if you ask your question in the Pentax Beginners Corner of the forum that's where you'll get your answers.
05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Just a quick correction:

The model you own is the K-x (note the dash and lowercase x). There was already a KX (click to see more info), and it's a different beast
06-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Just a quick correction:

The model you own is the K-x (note the dash and lowercase x). There was already a KX (click to see more info), and it's a different beast
thats awesome!!!

thanks!