Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Better take the time to say hello.....

Been viewing the site for sometime but didn't take it upon myself to introduce myself.

So here goes;

My name is Russell, last August I returned with my son to Scotland from NYC for a wedding and to introduce my boy to his Scottish relatives and my good friends. I brought with me my trusty point and shoot(Fuji Finepix S series but can't remember which one exactly)and happily shot hundreds of what I thought were great pictures.

On my last weekend we joined a friend for a bbq at his house and low and behold his wife brought out her Canon with a huge lens(again didn't pay attention to models). I had an amazing feeling of camera envy, which got more intense after she sent the pictures she had taken and I compared them to mine.

At that point the Fuji went straight on Ebay and I decided I wanted to take better pictures too. After much research I opted for the white K-x, the reviews told me it was one of the best for starters such as myself and budget wise, it fitted perfect. I then purchased a SMC DAL 50-200 and then began to buy more and more as money became available, mono-pod, tripod, flash, 2x converter, remote etc, etc. I was truly hooked.

At this point I also began a strange fixation with vintage cameras, I looked to buy some older lenses and found that Ebay usually had cameras with lens, so to date I am the proud owner of a Spotmatic, ME Super, K 1000, ZX-M, ZX-50, PZ-10 and a SF1 in addition to a SMC F 28-80 and a SMC M 1:2 and 1:1.7 50mm's. There are some other lenses but nothing worth mentioning, I don't think. Oh and a plethora of vintage camera's and accessories from tripods to developing tanks to Kodak studio scales.

However I've fallen head over heels for Pentax, don't ask me what or how I just seem to have a strange addiction to them now. And frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way

So that's me, I guess the right thing to do is to go take some pictures!

I do hope to garner some sound advice from the other members here, I have used the site a good bit now so it's only fitting I took the time to say hello. Dont be afraid to say hello back!

R

Attached Images

06-02-2011, 12:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
06-02-2011, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great intro Russell - welcome.
Flashy looking K-x
Be careful, this forum is known to exacerbate lens and body buying addiction (LBA & BBA).