Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Finally posting! Whats up everyone!

Hello everybody!

I'm James and I became heavily interested in the art of photography mid-way through last Fall semester. Of course I had always been interested in taking pictures, but the only camera I ever owned was a Kodak point & shoot that self-destructed two months after I unwrapped it...

Anyways, I signed up for a beginning photography class last semester, and at first I was a little unsure of what to expect when I read that, "a manual focus SLR was required". I was always interested in the pentax dslr's to begin with, but never had quite enough money at first, but I went on craigslist and the first thing that came up was a mint condition K1000 SE. Fell in love. . Especially after realizing the versatility of pentax lenses on various bodies.

I spent the next few months studying up; reading books, reading forums, and shooting b&w film through the beginning class. I saved up enough money and picked up on a K-x, and now that summer has began I finally have enough time to browse the forums and put in some of my own input.

I have posted a handful of pictures in an album now if anyone would like to take a look .

Last edited by thehabit; 06-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
06-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum James, and hope you find it useful.
Sounds like you're right into learning photography from the grassroots level, and I commend you for that.
Look forward to your contributions here.