Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #1

New guy with no camera

Hey all,

I don't have a camera yet, but I'm looking at getting a K-r at some point this month for a trip to NY later this month.

So... I'll probably be hanging around on here after I get it. Should be fun!

06-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! Were you considering a new or used Kr? This marketplace is a great place to find a used Kr. Some are barely used (<2000 clicks). There is also great info all over the forum so be sure to explore. Enjoy!
06-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
I've considered both really. I almost scored one about a month ago at an amazing deal (NIB for $550 with 18-55 Kit lens) but my check didn't come until too late. I've thought of buying used through Amazon Warehouse deals, but they don't tell you the shutter count and "Like New" is only like $40 cheaper than new.
06-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome Harrison.
Hang around here long enough, and you'll come away with more than just a camera.
But seriously, the K-r is the best value camera you can get thesedays. Lots of advanced features and yet light and compact. Worth the money.

06-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Harrison. Take peak at the different forums. You'll get great ideas. If you don't, just ask a question - forty- nine people are bound to answer with their ideas!
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Harrison. I'm pretty new to the site too, and have to say this is the best forum site I've ever been on. I'm constantly learning new things and am continually inspired by all the amazing photos I see on this site. I hope you get your K-r and become a regular.
06-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome all.

Actually right after posting this, I took another look in the marketplace (I had checked it right before posting as well), and spotted an amazing deal for a K-r So I should have it by the middle of next week