Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #1

Hello from Oz

Hiyya all
Have just bought my K-r with the double Pentax lens kit as I am just getting back into photography and computing for retirement and after a bit of a debate between the Nikon went for the Penty as I have a Nikon film camera but more importantly owned an old MZ-50 some years ago and liking it that much decided the K-r over the Nikon comparative. Also bought a Fuji HS20 for back up and the zoom (air shows) as I couldn't stretch to a decent zoomer for the K-r.

Anyway being DSLR is proving to be quite a tight learning curve after film but it is a lovely little device and much lighter than I thought it would be, and at least you have the extra of being able to use a dual battery system!

Like landscapes and unusual stuff you often happen to see traveling around.
So thats me!

06-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day John.

Good to have you here.
Quite a large Aussie contingent on the forum.
The little K-r will no doubt impress you. Very capable and responsive camera. If you were going to get a budget zoom at all, it would have to be the DA 55-300. Best value for money you'll find in a telezoom.

Enjoy the forum, and enjoy your photography.
06-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to digital and back to Pentax!

Sent from my EVO 4G with CM7