Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Tony

Greetings to all!
Thank you Adam, for your Welcoming part.
A little about myself and allot more about my problems! I picked up my first photographic contraption at the age of 8 or 9 (hard to establish exact date today), but it was about a half a century ago. And throughout next a few Decades with B/W and then with Color, when it came along, I was very much involved with photo, as well as moving pictures. Then video came along. With considerations of photo and film money and time consuming as well as ecological impact of petro-chemical side of it on environment photo side subsided to occasional videos and photo only for a number of years (about 20).
Friend of mine, who had no photographic experience at all, where pressuring me to get back in to photography, to have a body to hang out with - him and his Canon 350, I guess. And, since digital came to somewhat more mature age I decided to give it a shot. First I picked up Fuji S700 and plaid with it for a year. Friend teased me a lot, pushing me to splurge on full frame but I went for Pentax k100D body, that came along refurbished by factory, supposedly, at Best Buy. Also, decided to order with it, one AF lens at very least as well. After some researching I chose its stock 18-55mm DAII brand new (based on Q/P ratio) lens, hoping to get use of old manuals later as well. Just try to imagine frustration of an old white-birded guy getting a hold of a "new" "body" a few weeks later and awaiting for weeks more for its lens to come! That was a new beginning - start of excitements and frustrations!

Fighting manual assist Focusing
So far, so good.

06-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the comprehensive introduction. Please enjoy your stay here.
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Heck, you're just a youngster. Haven't been in my fifties for a few years now. Spent a lot more years with manual than AF and still turn the gadgets off much of the time. Don't tell anyone, but I also use a light meter on occasion.
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for it! I will.

06-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Nice to know, that I am not the only OF on this PF!!
06-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Tony.
Good to have you here.
Hope you enjoy the forum.