Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #1

Greetings all, from New York

Hello everybody,

Thought I would take the time and opportunity to make my first post here and just say hello for now. I currently own a Canon S3, and am a member over at the S5IS forums (not the main Canon forum) where currently there is an open discussion concerning and comparing our S3/S5's to lesser expensive (compared to a high priced dslr, meaning entry level I guess) DSLR's.

It goes without saying that there are very valid reasons to switch to a DSLR from a bridge camera such as mine, especially when looking at shooting with a high ISO setting for night pictures. One of the cameras that came up for the comparison was the Pentax K100D, and I'm not sure, but also possibly the K10D.

Either way, I was MORE than impressed by what I saw in the comparison pics that one of our members provided (high ISO shots) and think that for the minor difference in price that a DSLR would be well worth the extra cash spent. So over the next couple months, I shall be lurking in the shadows, and probably asking the occasional question here and there in regards to Pentax Cameras, because I really like the fact that you can use any Pentax lens ever made, and this has drawn me to making a Pentax my first real DSLR.

Not sure if I'll sell my S3, because it's so small/convenient, while taking VERY good photos to boot *except for critical night shots in low light*, but either way, I'm sure of wanting a DSLR, and would like to find out if a Pentax would be right for my needs and budget.

See you all around !

Doug

11-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello to you too.
From Brooklyn
11-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
I've taken many a good shot in Brooklyn... Used to live in Bk heights, as well as Park Slope. Born in BK actually, and I consider it to be the best borough out of them all. Used to live in Manhattan (for years) but since having gotten married, it's a lot cheaper for a lot more space in boring ol' Queens.

Edit: I see from your sig that you're a K100D owner. It's one I'm considering. Though from what I understand, there's also a K100D 'super' and I'm also considering the K10D. But, that's for another thread.
11-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ya the k100d super is the newer model of k100d a little more expensive
but 2 new features.
I started a thread when I see my k100d disappear from the pentax website.
here it is: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/14604-where-k100d.html