Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
An overly excited newbie. Yep, thats me.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everybody and say thank you for all the great help and info the members at pentax forums have provided over the last several months. I have been a lurker on these boards for a while now, soaking up all the pentax goodness I could expose my brain to, in preparation for my big step up into the dslr world. Just recently I was finally able to have taken that step, actually it was only moments ago..Yes, as I type, the battery to my new K5 is being charged and I am surrounded by cardboard, bubble wrap, and plastic bags. I cannot wait to start tinkering! I am really looking forward to learning and practicing with this amazing cam and finally getting to actually participate in these great forums. Also can't wait to submit to the monthly contest as well as the critique forum. Thanks again to all the great, helpful members on the pentax forums. Oh, and by the way, I live in Hinckley, Ohio, am mainly interested in shooting wildlife(specifically birds, and my not so wild shih tzu), landscapes/cityscapes, and am very excited to learn about/practice shooting macro and night cityscapes. Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Ugh. I just reread this. Can you tell I am excited?
I have the feeling I am not getting to bed at a decent time tonight. I should have never opened that package this late. Damn you impatience!

06-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome! I knew the name looked familiar
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hey Dan! Cool of you to chime in. Thank you much. Btw, can't wait to start using that lens! See ya around!

06-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sssimmmer down mmmtrends. There are limmmits to what even K-5 shake reduction can achieve.

Welcome

Mickey
06-08-2011, 05:09 AM   #6

Original Poster
lol! Thanks for that, mickeyobe. Duly noted. I learn something new every day here
06-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyobe Quote
Sssimmmer down mmmtrends. There are limmmits to what even K-5 shake reduction can achieve.

Welcome

Mickey
Lmao!

Welcome! I'm new too.
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by randesigns Quote
Lmao!

Welcome! I'm new too.
Awesome! Welcome!