Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Newbee

Hi guys,

I have just recently bought a Pentax K-r, I am very new to SLR photography and really haven't got a clue.

I have used many digital compacts, some have had manual setting but I have never been brave enough to use them, I decided to take the plunge in to DSLR's, main reason being is after spending all that money I know my wife will nag me until I learn how to use it.

I have already taken some advice from this forum and bought "understanding exposure" and although I'm only on page 26 it seems a fantastic book and so far easy to understand.

I would like to thank you all in advance for your help because I have a feeling I'm gonna need it :-)

Thanks

Dean

P.s any newbie advice will be very much appreciated on everything and anything

06-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, head on down to the Pentax Beginners Corner and I'm sure you will pick up a lot of useful hints and tips to get you started.
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advice: take Pictures... All different types. Experiment. Diagnose mistakes. Learn by doing. Had my K-r since boxing day and i've taken a photo every day - well more than 1 ( over 3500 actuations last I checked). I never owned more than a P&S before. Avoid LBA but pick up a fast prime (35mm -50mm) as they are important to understanding exposure/FoV & DoF. Have fun.
06-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #4

What Matt said, I would add take lots of notes with your pictures! I've found notes time of day etc helps me figure out the type of pictures I like.