Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello and thanks for help with camera choice

Hello to all of you and thanks to all for the information I have found here.

I bought my first camera, a Ricoh XR1 when I was 13 from money earn't shifting sacks of spuds. It had a fast prime and I learnt quite a bit about photography over many years with it.

A young family came along and cameras came and went. More recently, in other words the last decade, I sold a Canon EOS50e + lenses, eventually replaced with a secondhand 30D+lenses. This was sold this year and I bought the Fuji X100, first one developed a fault, which was replaced by the very good UK Fuji service. The second one locked up frequently and so with a heavy heart was returned....it was just getting in the way of taking pictures.

Lots of advice and reading later, including many threads here, and I have bought a K5+ 18-55. I spent a long time swapping between the K5 and D7000 in the shop, but eventually the feel of the K5 and choice of primes made the decision easier.

So the battery is charging, and I am sure I will be asking for help re settings etc.

Kind regards

Nigel

06-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! You will never look back at the D7000 with a K5 in your hands. Enjoy!
06-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Nigel. I know you'll be impressed with your K-5. I agree about how well it fits the hand. Re settings, I like M and the green button, adjusting for the over/under exposure I want. But I'm still experimenting.