Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #1

Hello from South Georgia!

Brand new Pentax owner, in fact it is still in transit. I just purchased a K-x with a couple of lenses and can't wait to get going! Still beating away all of the Canon/Nikon stereotypes and explaining why I feel I made the better choice than the average kit camera!!! Woo Hoo!

06-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, happy to see you are fighting the good fight!
11-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Canikon advice

I was having the same problem with the canikon people. In fact, a good friend of mine who is a professional photographer was helping me decide what camera I should buy, but after a while, I got the feeling he was discounting the Pentax option without even giving it any consideration. Then I started reading about the canikon mindset, and I understood. I guess it's kind of like people that are so obsessed with Chevy and Ford, they don't even realize there are many other perfectly good car manufacturers out there that are better than either of them. He was very knowledgeable about the Canons and somewhat about the Nikons, but he really didn't have a clue about the Pentax. So, I listened to all his reasons for buying one of them, and after looking at all the features that the Pentax K-r had that were as good as, or even better than, the others for a lower price, it was a no brainer.

Anyway, I hail from south Georgia, myself. Shout out to my Dixie people!