Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #1

Hello from Down Ere in Somerset

Hello everone

I have just joined the forum as I am keen to learn from the experiences of other Pentax users and hope that I can contribute to discussions

I live in Frome Somerset, which is about 12 miles from the Roman City of Bath. 100 miles from London and 50 miles from the South Coast. We are surrounded by some fabulous country side which provides excellent opportunities for landscape photography

06-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board.
06-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! I myself am origninaly from Yeovil, now living in Australia
06-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #4

Original Poster
Yeovil Junction

Hello and thank you for your welcome message.

To remind you of your former home area, I thought you might like a photo I took of a steam locomotive being turned on the turntable at Yeovil Junction steam railway depot.

Introduced last summer and with even more this year there is now a regular service of steam hauled trains from Bristol to Weymouth via Yeovil Pen Mill which are very popular with tourists and day trippers.

The locomotive itself has to be turned for the return journey. To do this it then has to run in reverse all the way back from Weymouth to Yeovil Junction where it can be turned. Then (if you are following this) it runs in reverse yet again, back to Weymouth where it is now facing the "right direction" for the return train back to Bristol. All great fun though and very popular with photographers.

Regards

Roger

Attached Images