Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #1

Greatings Pentaxians

I was brought up on Nikons, like some folks are brought up on Fords or Chevy's.
Dad ran the gamut from Speed Graphics to an RB67, but never Pentax. Nothing against Pentax, he just didn't have enough money to buy every desire.
After a decade of suffering with point and shoot digitals, it was time to once again for me to re-evaluate the DSLR landscape. With all these Nikon parts laying around, I figured that would be the obvious choice. When the a-ha moment came and I realized I had to start from scratch, to my own amazement the K-5 was at the top of my list. Nearly all my grievances with digital were resolved in the K-5.
So here I am with a bag full of Pentax, Zeiss, and Tamron.
The more Pentax I learn, the more I want to know. The Pentax/Zeiss connection I found most amazing.
There was a moment in history when Xerox-PARC could have owned computing as we know it today, and for some reason they gave it all away.
We can only speculate what Pentax-Zeiss could have been.
Anyway, I kind of like being in the underdog camp. When I stumble across another Pentaxian, there is the comfortable wink and nod, of being in the club.

06-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great introduction and very interesting. Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.