Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

eyo :)

how many details about me do you guys want? uhhhh... how about just the basics?

i've always been somewhat interested in photography since high school but never really considered it other than a hobby up until recently..... i wish i've had a job or whatnot, but sadly i still suck and want to get good before even attempted a job and possibly wrecking someones special day .... i've been playing around with my canon a630 which is such a gem, and even in class people are saying i'm taking better photos with that than some of the cameras people spent $2000 on

but i do think it's time to upgrade, so i was considering the xti for a while, but then a friend shows me photos she's taken with a k100d, and wow, considering she's not a photographer and didn't know what she was doing, they came out great.... and in class someone said the k100d is supposed to be a good camera, so i did some research, and i must say i'm impressed .... sadly i do almost feel like i'm mind cheating on canon for considering a pentax (not that pentax sucks or anything, just that i've used canon since who knows when) :P

so ya ......... hi *sigh*

11-15-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Pete, welcome aboard.
Don't forget the camera takes the picture but you're the one that makes it.

Whether you have a Pentax, a Nikon or a Canon or Hassleblad or a Rollei it is the person with the patience and knowledge of light, film speed etc. that's gonna get that shot.

Whereabouts are you located.
11-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Pete.
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Whereabouts are you located.
cana-duh :P

11-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #5

Welcome, bro!
11-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by impete82 Quote
cana-duh :P
Yeah, I meant where in Canada (saw one of your replies) but looked at your blog I think, and found Etobicoke.
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes sir etobicoke indeed it's toronto basically
11-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
woohoo i got my pentax k100d today ... so much heavier than my canon a630 it's gonna be a workout just carrying this thing around hehe

11-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

No way. My wife carries her k10d around for hours. The "key" is in getting a really great strap. We both purchased a Tamrac which has a quick release and is essentially a foam-type strap. It makes the weight of the camera negligible... really. I highly recommend it.
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i'm a girly man then lol i am getting a tamrac camera bag, a strap came with the camera so i'll stick with that for now :P my weak girly hands will have to deal

i'm also a little shocked by the battery drainage, i probably took around 50 shot max, maybe close to 30ish, and the batteries were finished.... whats up with that?
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, first off, ditch any regular Alkaline batteries, you were lucky to get 50 shots, lol, I would suggest investing in some good rechargables , Sanyo Eneloops are good, as are the Ray O Vac "hybrids" With my eneloops, i can get over 400 shots on a full charge.

Oh, and welcome !!!
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
actually, they were rechargables ahahhaha

and i actually made a nice thread over here about my little battery issue
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Welcome Pete, I'm new here as well, but just scratching the surface of the info and resources that are here I've already learned a ton (and seen some pretty phenomenal photographs).

I work in Etobicoke, whereabouts are you located? I don't mean an address just a general location, I work near 427/Burnhamthorpe area and grew up in Markland Woods although I don't live there now, used to work in the Albion/Islington area as well.
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
im near martin grove/eglington area .... pretty much down the street from your work :P ..... where you work there? there's not really much in the area there, just the library, city hall and some medical centre
12-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Etobicoke was ETOBICOKE in the early 70s, NOT Toronto.
I lived in the area for a while, Mimico train stop. Lets see, Milton Street, Royal York Rd, Evans.

I used to work out there somewhere - Horner Avenue, where I started my Tool and Die apprenticeship...that seems to be a couple of lifetimes ago...