Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #1

Greetings from New Jersey, USA

Hi Everyone,

I've to admit that my primary reason for joining was to PM a member about where to get a specific item. I have quite an investment in Canon dSLR bodies and lenses, but I did start off many, many years ago with a Honeywell Pentax SP1000 as my "exposure" to photography so I'm not really that much of an outsider.

Anyway, I hope toake some friends here and be able to share as well as learn more about photography. Cheers.

Gabe

06-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Gabe!
As a new Pentaxian, and fellow Jersey guy (now living in Texas), I'd be happy to help with photography questions in general. What part of Jersey are you in? I've lived all over North Jersey, from Edison to Princeton, to East Rutherford and Teaneck.
06-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
Steve, in NJ I'm originally from Jersey City, lived in Edison (by Rt. 27 & Parsonage Rd.) and currently work in Piscataway/New Brunswick. As for Texas, I have relatives in Houston and Plano.

After my Pentax 35mm years (those "prime" years, hehe) I gave up photography for a long time (not counting 35mm point-and-shoots) and since 2005 have accumulated an extensive collection of Canon SLR + dSLR equipment (I share our many lenses with my wife and older daughter). Recently I've purchased a Panasonic DMC-GF2 (Micro Four Thirds) and am very, very fond of it; in fact, I'm thinking of bringing only that on our two weeks in Europe later this summer. I do still have a fond memory of my Spotmatic kit though, and actually still have the 55 and 135 primes from it. Unfortunately I sold the body, which I now regret because they're now pretty rare.

How about you - have you always been a Pentaxian?
06-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Inactive Account

im new here too heh ^^~