Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #1

Finally got a DSLR

Well, my wife surprised me by telling me she wanted to get me a camera as a father's day/birthday present. Naturally this meant I got to go buy a camera for myself.

I've been following and researching DSLRs for a few years now waiting for the right moment to buy. I started off when the Canon XS came out. I'd mostly considered Canons until I read about the K-r somewhere a few months ago.

My father had recently found an old K-1000 with a few Sigma lenses at a yard sale and gave it to me. He wouldn't tell me how much he got it for but I'm sure it was a cheap deal. The lenses seemed to be in good condition and I took a few rolls of color and B&W to refresh myself with photography since I really hadn't done any SLR shots since high school photography class.

I found out the K-r had really great image quality despite my incorrect ideas of pixel count. I'd always looked at pixel count as a main priority. The new Canon Rebels sure looked good with 18MP. And my step-son had recently purchased a Canon T2i that I had tried out.

I was really excited to learn that all the old Sigma K mount lenses would work with the K-r!

So here I am a week after getting my new camera. I'll be reading as much as I can and posting some of my pictures for critique. I've tried each of the Sigma lenses as well as the 18-55mm kit lenses to mostly good results.

06-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the acquisition!

I'm sure you'll find this place a wealth of information... I know I have!
06-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and congrats on the K-r, it's a fine little camera.
Enjoy the difference.