Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello All

Hello, I bought a Pentax K1000 film SLR in the 70's and used it right through to the late 90's. My first digital camera was a Jenoptic 4.1z8 which produced some good results but very slowly . I bought a Pentax Optio mx4 on impulse in St Lucia when my Sony Handicam seized up and chewed the tapes due to the humidity. It worked really well until a few months ago when it slowed right up and went through batteries in a very short time. I looked around at the current offerings and decided on a Pentax K-r in the hope that I could use the lenses and flash I already had. A view finder is important to me as I turn 69 next month and my close vision is not what it was.
I am amazed at the K-r. the autofocus and general ease of use is wonderful even with my older lenses. My wife and I are going to Greenland and Iceland soon and I am really looking forward to putting it through it's paces, I only hope I can do justice to it.
I also hope it will bring back the old thrill I got from Photography when I would go out for hours and plan and compose exposures and return with 36 shots of which a good two thirds were worth it. The advent of digital has brought an era of point and shoot and the ability to take and store 100's of images, even on mobile phones, which to me devalues the hobby but that is just my view. Sorry to be so long winded.

06-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for that comprehensive introduction. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new experiences in digital photography.