Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
Inactive Account

London Calling

Hi. I'm new here and new to Pentax. I'll introduce myself briefly:

Born in California in 1947, lived in the San Francisco Bay area until 1969. Moved to the East Coast and lived in Boston until 1983. Married an English girl and brought her home for a visit. Been in the same flat in London since 1986.

Got a late start in life after taking a while to "find" myself. Been working in advertising/graphic design since 1975, starting from the bottom and reaching as high as Creative Director of a small agency.

Been interested in photography since college. First camera was a Minolta SRT101 with a F 1.4 50mm lens on it. Didn't realise how good it was until it got dropped on its head and I lost it.

First digital camera was a FujiFilm 1.5 megapixel job that cost a fortune. I loved the instant gratification. I used it extensively for shots to use in layouts or illustrations.

Had a number of Canon point-and-shoots, and Nikon D70, then D60 until I decided to get serious. After much reading, I bought the K-5.

I'll be posting in other forums about my experiences with the K-5, but for now...

... Nice to "meet" you!

Cheers,

Jerry

07-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome on board Jerry, glad to have you join us and thank you for that comprehensive introduction.