Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Inactive Account

months of lurking first post...

I've been using these forums for several weeks reading about the K10D. I just recently became interested in photography after my second child was born a few months ago. I borrowed my dad's old Canon AE-1 and now I am hooked, but film doesn't make much sense to me, since I grew up in the digital age, and I'm taking my time to decide which DSLR to purchase. I was leaning to the K10D when I found this forum and now I am convinced it will be the right choice. Should have my new K10D with 18-55/50-200 kit lenses in a couple of weeks.

I purchased an older M 50/1.7 at a thriftstore for $15. I love the fact that I can do that with confidence knowing that it will at least fit on the camera. I don't think the metering will work on this old lens though.

11-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and yes, you can meter with the M 50 f1.7, just have to go about it a different way. First, go to your custom menu, and look for
'using aperture ring" set that to 2 < enabled > Then you just set your camera to manual mode, and set your aperture, and push the green button to meter !! done !! I use a few M lenses on my K110D, and love em !!
11-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #3

Wow, you practically stole that lens!!! My favorite lens is my M 50mm 1.4. Just meter as already explained by Stratman, and you'll love the results!

Welcome to the fold!!!