Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #1

Pentax user for 40 years

Hello all;

Just joined this site to see what it is all about. I've been into photography since a teenager, starting with a darkroom doing black and whites. Gone through the whole gamut of Pentax bodies from the screwmount through the present K7. My early days found me using a Praktiflex SLR and then a Rollie 3.5 (which I still own )

I'm in a photo club here in San Diego - amidst a sea of Nikon and Canon users. There's one Olympus and at least one Sony, but it seems that my works are as good or better than many others. Duh; it's the photographer not the camera!

Anyway, Pentax has satisfied my needs and I'll stick with the loyalty. I'm trying to skip over the K5 and wait for the next iteration. My specialty is landscapes.

I'm a great fan of Lightroom for post processing RAW images and use PS as an aid in reviving slides from the past. I use a Mac Pro and do printing on an Epson 3800.

Thanks,

bob

07-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I've been Pentax since 1961. I don't want to know how many years that is. My latest acquisition is a Spottie with an SMC Takumar 55/1.8. I already have a genuine Pentax mount adapter, so I will be fooling around with that just for the heck of it. It's great to be able to use the old stuff. Loyalty cannot be bought, it is earned.
07-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentaxforums. WOW 40 years. I am about 5 years when my first time was Pentax K10D. Now I have K-7. Smile
07-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome, Bob. I'm only about 39 years of Pentax use behind!