Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #1

Hello from Oregon

Hi,

Started using Pentax K1000 about 1980 and used that heavily for many years. Got disabled and no longer back-country ski or back-pack so not shooting nature photos any longer but did my fair share, including many 11 x 14's. Then got out of SLR.

Got a cheap digital in 2004, a Fujifilm FinePix 2M and that has worked for years as a fine little forum camera (I am a custom PC builder and water-cooler with > 1000 posts at a PC forum including a couple of stickied Guides).

But the 2M FinePix doesn't do all I want such as good pictures of friends. So now I want to re-investigate SLR as in DSLR. I recently ordered a Pentax K-r. And for fun, ordered it in "Storm-trooper White" for any Star Wars fans.

I seriously need some heavy reading to catch up on DSLR and hope my SLR background helps. I see there is a beginner's sub-forum where I am heading. Perhaps I will find links there. Links to learn are always appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. See you around the forum.

07-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by musicfan Quote
Hi,

Started using Pentax K1000 about 1980 and used that heavily for many years. Got disabled and no longer back-country ski or back-pack so not shooting nature photos any longer but did my fair share, including many 11 x 14's. Then got out of SLR.

Got a cheap digital in 2004, a Fujifilm FinePix 2M and that has worked for years as a fine little forum camera (I am a custom PC builder and water-cooler with > 1000 posts at a PC forum including a couple of stickied Guides).

But the 2M FinePix doesn't do all I want such as good pictures of friends. So now I want to re-investigate SLR as in DSLR. I recently ordered a Pentax K-r. And for fun, ordered it in "Storm-trooper White" for any Star Wars fans.

I seriously need some heavy reading to catch up on DSLR and hope my SLR background helps. I see there is a beginner's sub-forum where I am heading. Perhaps I will find links there. Links to learn are always appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. See you around the forum.
Welcome to the forums! I also live in Oregon, started out with a K1000 and am now sporting a white K-x. Pentax still makes great cameras! Honestly, the quality is so good that there's no reason to buy a Canon or Nikon camera unless you *really* want a one of the models with a full frame sensor. Good luck getting back into photography!
07-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, musicfan. "Read, click, read, click" is slowly working for me!