Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #1

Hello from Portugal

Hello, I'm Artur, aka Trieste, from Portugal.

I found the forum last year when I was searching the web for information about Pentax Kx which I bought on March 2010 with Pentax DAL 18-55mm and Pentax DA 55-300mm. Because I do not have much time to participate in forums I have not filled out the registration form at the time (I still don't have much time but that's ok, I think).

I'm only a regular guy who likes to take photos and it's my first dslr camera, before that I was using a compact Canon Ixus 900Ti and a bridge Sony H1 (I still use both once and a while, love the H1). Now I think, ought to have made the jump to dslr a long time ago...

The main reason why I have chosen the Kx, was because of the price (didn't want to spend a lot of money in my first dslr), backwards compatibility with old lenses, the low noise with high iso, the anti-shake in camera, the green button, the quick AF/MF button, not necessarily in this order lol.

A year has passed so a few days ago I thought the time has come to buy some "new" lenses for my Kx and I decided to go old school, let's see how it goes ahah...
I started to search the web again and this forum was an obligatory place for searching, this time with registration eheh.
Based on opinion of other users in the lenses section I bought on ebay a Pentax-M 100mm Macro F4 (for the description and pictures seems almost like brand new) and a Pentax-M 50mm F1.7, now I'm waiting for them anxiously eheh

Sorry for the long text and for my English, I know it's out there a translation button somewhere but practice makes perfection

07-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum. I hope that your new lenses will fulfill your needs. Post some shots....
07-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks hcc.
Will do as soon as I receive the lenses.
Meanwhile I try to post some shots with the DA zoom lenses I have, I just need time during the weekend to choose a few and upload them into photobucket.
07-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Artur. DOn't worry about the English - it was fine, and better than my Portugese (none!).

07-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #5

Original Poster
Lol, thanks Arn.

I've posted a few pics in the DA Zoom lens club, I'll post a few more but photobucket insists in resizing the photos I upload randomly