Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #1

Hi from Lancashire, UK !!

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum to come on board and ask questions and hopefully get some helpful answers to help with the crazy ideas I have running through my head of having a complete change from my Canon DSLR gear and come over and join Team Pentax !!

I work full time doing weddings, portraits(studio & location), schools photography and PR photography and for the last 10 years have stayed mainly in the Canon camp with DSLRs.

What I'm ultimately hoping to achieve is to get the K5 for personal use at first and slowly over time integrate it into my workflow for my paying jobs so I reckon I'll be asking for help/advice/suggestions with that in mind.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to participating in the forum !!

07-08-2011, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for the great introduction and Welcome to the forum.
07-09-2011, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, DuffMan. I know I love my K-5, and I'll be interested in hearing how you think it compares.
06-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #4

Original Poster
Well after lots of lurking in the shadows following lots of posts and looking at loads of great pictures I finally picked up a mint condition K-5 with the two kit lenses just before Christmas 2012 !! I'm now on the verge of selling/trading in my Canon gear to go towards more Pentax equipment.

I've been mightily impressed with how it handles doing studio portraits, off both of the kit lenses so its been an adventure I wish I'd started a lot sooner !!

06-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome again!
06-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome again to PF ... the K-5 is great and post an image or two soon ... J