Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
From Atlanta GA

Many years ago, being a member of a tiny local photo club, I loved my OM2. Instead of having beers and chasing women, we grabbed our heavy bag with prime glass and went out for some nice shots so we could brag about them later on. Now, passing 50, I want to pick this fine hobby back up again so am in the market to buy something decent. This forum looks and feels great so here I am. Pentax is a brand that also feels special and a K-5 could be my first DSLR. Still not sure what glass and light to buy but with the information in this forum am getting there. Most of my interests are insects, birds, nature, the infinite objects in the night sky and people.
Cheers, Bert

07-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, you would not be disappointed with the Pentax K-5 if you get one.
07-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks mate! see you invested in some glass there. Not sure if I would go for zoom zoom. used to good primes but you know, dust wasn't such a big deal then. Still thinking about it.
Cheers.
07-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Bert. I think you'd love the K-5 - I know I do! It is my first DSLR too.