Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

My Pentax Story

I suppose I really got big into photography when I got my first digital point and shoot. It was a sony and it had some design flaw, which caused the screen to turn completely white. Anyway, couple years later, I got a canon point and shoot. Eventually I started exploring the limits of what it could do for me and wanted more. So I started looking into digital SLRs and started leaning toward pentax for the in body stabilization, use of AA batteries, and I liked the kit lens better. I started talking to people in an online chat and was told many stories of inexpensive vintage lenses. Learnt things like the importance of register distance.
Later on, I came across an ME Super in a pawn shop and was pleasantly surprised that it came with an array of lenses. There was an M50 f/2.0, an M28/2.8 and a large one that I kind of dismissed at the time on account of a tamron cap being in the bundle of stuff it came with. Turns out the overlooked lens was the A series 35-105MM f3.5 Macro with a tamron 2x teleconverter on it.
A couple rolls of film later and much trying to justify blowing a lot of money on new camera, I eventually took the plunge and picked up a K-r. I'm still warming up to it as a main camera and feeling it out. I have trouble judging exposure and it irks me when I pick up the camera while it's off and the sensor lurches. Thus far, I like the 50mm, the 35-105 and the 18-55 kit. I'm having trouble getting creative with the 28mm, maybe I'll use it more indoors. Somewhere along the lines I also wound up with an FA 28-80. I haven't done too much with that yet. Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, the 50mm F2.0 was the M series kit lens, and the 28-80 was the FA series kit lens and I have the 18-55 DA L kit lens. As much as I said that I felt the pentax kit lens was nicer, I didn't see myself developing a kit lens collection.

Both are M series 50mm F/2.0 @ F/4
The full size versions are so clean and sharp.

07-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, happy you could join us.
07-22-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I am also new to the forum!! i have to say that the pictures you take are very nice!!
07-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Agreed, nice shots, you've got a good eye. Welcome to the forum.