Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Making the move from Pentax Mx to Kr

Finally purchased a digital camera and now it is time to learn how to navigate my way around the camera to achieve pictures that I have learned to do so well with my Pentax Mx. Looking for classes or video instructions to start.

07-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome... boy are you going to have a lot of fun. I don't know where/if there are such creatures as instructions except in the manual, but you might want to spend a lot of time in the K-r forum. The people here are so helpful and supportive, you'll be an adept in no time!
07-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I have been taking pictures and referring to the manual. There seems to be a lot to learn and getting use to the camera. There are a few things that I have found when using the Kr that I did not ecpect to happen.
1. First the On-Off ring does not lock and has been accidentally been turn on when I have put into my camera case or backpack.
2. The Focusing Screen has been been difficult to get focused, having to wait for the meter to beep and set. There have been times that I needed to take the picture right away and have lost the shot having to wait.
3.Transferring the pictures from the camera to the computer has also taken some time to navigate and get set up in my computer.

Things have changed from my beginning with the K1000 and Km.