Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, everybody!

Hello,

My name is Vladimir and I am from Russia.

A couple of weeks ago I bought my first Pentax - KR model with 18-55 and 55-200 double kit lenses.
Before I was using Canon 60D but had to sell it to raise cash to cover unexpected expenses.

Anyway, now I am the owner of Pentax KR and my first impressions are quite positive.
To start with it costed me with double kit half of the money I raised from selling my Canon 60D with 18-135 lens.

I liked both lenses - very decent quality and useful coverage.

Plus, I found for myself an ocean of cheap manual lenses, some of them are real gems, at least from the experience of other users.

I immediately bought 2 lenses from Ebay:

Chinon 50mm/1.9 and Porst 28mm/2.8, both for K mount. I paid around $70 for both incl. delivery to Moscow and received them in perfect shape.

And here I faced the same problem using both of them:
while using on close distance they produced the good images but when I tried to shoot landscapes or distant images they were out of focus (not as sharp as I expected).

I knew that some M42 lenses when using them with adapter for Canon EOS had the same problem but it is strange that this happened with the ones that are for native Pentax mount.

That's why I am sure that I am doing something wrong or not doing something right.

So, I will appreciate if somebody can help me with this problem.

Best regards,
Vladimir

Last edited by vlad2304; 07-23-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
07-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Vladimir, we're happy you could join us. Please enjoy your stay and thank you for that very informative introduction.