Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #1

Hello... great resource here...

First post... I have been using these forums for advice and thought it was time to register as user. Thanks to all who provide help here.

I have been shooting off and on for over 35 years and the first 25 years was all Pentax. The digital years have been Nikon but that is about to change. I am selling my D90 and 5 lenses for a K-5 and primes.

I do mostly nature, outdoors and hiking photography. So with my next camera refresh I wanted to go as light and rugged as possible. My Nikon lenses are big heavy zooms so I will not miss their weight out on the trail.

Looking forward to posting more here soon. I have lens decisions to make and hopefully will get some good advice.

Thanks and more soon....

Don

Last edited by donjschulte; 07-29-2011 at 11:30 AM.
07-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Think you will be happy with your choice.Hope you kept some old Pentax primes.Bought my first dslr,Pentax K_X a few month's ago and am happy to be able to use old primes that some of which I have had for 40 years.Had a chance to try Nikon this week,my daughter is visiting for a week and we have been comparing cameras.The pictures have about the same quality but we both agree that the Pentax is nicer to use.
Jake
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I'm sure the K5 will satisfy your photography needs especially with primes attached (I think Pentax primes are some of the best out there). Enjoy!
« Howdy all! | Hello! »