Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Sydney, Australia!!

...photo crazy, just bought a Kx after dusting off my old MZ-50 which I bought at the dawn of the digital era and never really used. I'm quickly drivng my husband and kids crazy with it.

I'm fairly good at composition but still new to so many features of the DSLR world. This website has been fabulous in helping me decide on which camera to buy and which lenses to go for.

So very grateful to those who freely share their knowledge, not too used to posting on forums myself yet, though!!

Cheers, Kate

07-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Kate,
I had KX for ~ 19 months , very happy with it.
Do you use kit lenses, or have some left from MZ-50?
That is my first DSLR and I think it was the best choice, goes with me everywhere.
Now I added K7 but for casual every day photography still prefer KX.
It took me probably ~ 12 months to feel confident with it and learn how to use my old M42 and K mount lenses.
Welcome and kind regards from the West
jack
07-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #3

Also from Sydney just registered

Hi all, another Sydneysider to balance all those Queenslanders. New to this sort of thing and looking forward to contributing to this site. own 3 cameras (1film+2 digital)
a few lens next though is a macro still trying to decide which. Anyway nice to meet you all.
07-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day folks. You will find there are more than a few from Melbourne on here as well. This is a great place to learn and find things out. If you have any questions, just ask.