Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #1

Hello just joined you all

Hello have been looking around here for a while now and hope I don't upset anybody because I am 35mm mad wrote to Pentax UK last week asking them when they were bringing out the next new 35mm SLR. Needless to say I am still awaiting a reply.........I live in Aberdare (Wales) for you US types that is the bit that sticks out between England and Ireland. Would love to hear from any old friends who worked in Wallace Heaton at 127 New Bond Street. London in the late 60s and early 70s before the dreaded Dixon's take over in 72.
Looking forward to meeting new friends on here. That is if anybody speaks to me after telling you all I do 35mm. Digital until windows crashes stuff.

Last edited by John Essex; 08-03-2011 at 05:48 AM.
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!
08-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay!
08-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi thanks for saying hi when I joined. I have been into photography all my life on and off. I retired in 2002 and got my first digital but to be honest never enjoyed it so much as film. Have just started to put together an out-fit Pentax MZ/X 50s x2 and a MZ/x 7 to get started again. One of the cameras came with a Pentax sdandard kit lens 35-80 F lens and bought a Tokina SD 70-210 for the other mz50 body. Very pleased with it all but not had much chance to try it all out yet. I used to use a Mnolta SRT 101 and an Olmpus OM 35 and wish I had never sold them thinking that digital was the future back in 2002.
Bet you are bored already, as you are a digital man. I looked up your photographs by the way and liked them very much. You know years ago back in the 60s when I was working at Wallace Heaton 127 New Bond Street, London, W1. I was member of the Royal Photographic Society. which probably does not mean much to you out in the states but over here in England it is the tops. I got win 1st prize in the land scape section one year and still very proud of that as to me it was like winning a gold at the Olympics. It took me 6 months to take that photograph going back to the same spot day in day out week in week out until I was happy with the clouds and the lighting. Looking forward to getting to know folks on here, there must be a wealth of knowledge within the membership of this forum. It is great going through every bodies photographs seeing what they have done.
Thanks of writing me and nice to meet you.