Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another Hello from Australia

Hi, Like so many others I've been using information from this forum with out introducing myself - perhaps a little scared as am an amateur photographer and don't want to get flamed for my choices. Even though I am not a pro photographer I have been a pentaxian for many many years - first a spotmatic, then the Program A (still love that camera for it's size - and that it taught me so much about photography), then the digital revolution by way of *Ist DS (which is currently up for sale elsewhere) and most recently a K7.
Along the way my lense have been typical of the hobbyist and have recently acquired a Pentax 18-135 WR to upgrade from the Sigma 18-125 DC walk about I had on front of ist (Also for sale)
A recent trip to HK got me a Sigma EX 10-20 f3.5 which is a lot of fun to use and has reignited the enjoyment I have of taking (often crap ) photos
I also have a really cheap Sigma 55-300 DC lense that I will part with soon and replace with a Pentax 55-300 (Still deciding on DA or DAL given usage of this lense)
What else to say apart from I work in graphic arts market within a print company, am and avid Mac user and my digital library runs to 26,000+ images. Some 10,600 from the ist and 1000+ from K7, balance are from mixture of drum scans (anyone remember these), flat bed scans, and wifes and kids PnS cameras.
Why Pentax - I love the smallness of their bodies - perhaps the other brands might be better suited who knows but haven't regretted holding a Pentax in a seemingly sea of Canon or Nikons.
I'll work out how to put some pics up - hopefully people like them (this is the scarey part of a forum )

Last edited by Chatchops; 08-03-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: adding links to pics album
08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board. Please enjoy your stay!
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks - hope to learn some more and use my recent purchases lots more too.

Last edited by Chatchops; 08-03-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo - doh
08-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day mate and welcome here. I'm sure you'll continue to find the forum useful so stick around.

08-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Pentaxian

G'Day matey, I'm in the good olde print industry too, I run Indigo Digital Presses, as well as do all the prepress type work to get the jobs onto the press. And Yes, I remember drum scanners, Ohhh the Newton rings!!!!!!

Crikey, theres been an influx here from Oz lately.
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome and enjoy this helpful community ChatChops its the community spirit that you can count on

cheers
08-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi there Chatchops,

Welcome from me too. The scariest bit is not whether people will like your pictures, it's the mechanics of posting them correctly. I found this very frustrating, but the feedback from other members has been very supportive.
08-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #8

Original Poster
The warm fuzzy feeling of welcomes is great - thanks all