Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another Hello from Australia

Hi, Like so many others I've been using information from this forum with out introducing myself - perhaps a little scared as am an amateur photographer and don't want to get flamed for my choices. Even though I am not a pro photographer I have been a pentaxian for many many years - first a spotmatic, then the Program A (still love that camera for it's size - and that it taught me so much about photography), then the digital revolution by way of *Ist DS (which is currently up for sale elsewhere) and most recently a K7.
Along the way my lense have been typical of the hobbyist and have recently acquired a Pentax 18-135 WR to upgrade from the Sigma 18-125 DC walk about I had on front of ist (Also for sale)
A recent trip to HK got me a Sigma EX 10-20 f3.5 which is a lot of fun to use and has reignited the enjoyment I have of taking (often crap ) photos
I also have a really cheap Sigma 55-300 DC lense that I will part with soon and replace with a Pentax 55-300 (Still deciding on DA or DAL given usage of this lense)
What else to say apart from I work in graphic arts market within a print company, am and avid Mac user and my digital library runs to 26,000+ images. Some 10,600 from the ist and 1000+ from K7, balance are from mixture of drum scans (anyone remember these), flat bed scans, and wifes and kids PnS cameras.
Why Pentax - I love the smallness of their bodies - perhaps the other brands might be better suited who knows but haven't regretted holding a Pentax in a seemingly sea of Canon or Nikons.
I'll work out how to put some pics up - hopefully people like them (this is the scarey part of a forum )

Last edited by Chatchops; 08-03-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: adding links to pics album
08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board. Please enjoy your stay!
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks - hope to learn some more and use my recent purchases lots more too.

Last edited by Chatchops; 08-03-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo - doh
08-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day mate and welcome here. I'm sure you'll continue to find the forum useful so stick around.

08-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Pentaxian

G'Day matey, I'm in the good olde print industry too, I run Indigo Digital Presses, as well as do all the prepress type work to get the jobs onto the press. And Yes, I remember drum scanners, Ohhh the Newton rings!!!!!!

Crikey, theres been an influx here from Oz lately.
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome and enjoy this helpful community ChatChops its the community spirit that you can count on

cheers
08-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there Chatchops,

Welcome from me too. The scariest bit is not whether people will like your pictures, it's the mechanics of posting them correctly. I found this very frustrating, but the feedback from other members has been very supportive.

08-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #8

Original Poster
The warm fuzzy feeling of welcomes is great - thanks all