Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #1

Brand New Pentax Owner

Hey everyone, first let me say this website is amazing, I have never seen such a well put together database of options for any brand of anything, this is an amazing resource.

My name is Jason, I live in Oregon, and have been a wannabe amateur photographer for a number of years. My camera has been a P&S Canon SX100IS, which while I could do alot worse, is quite limiting. Thankfully (or unfortunately if you ask my wife) it recently took a swim in the ocean and isn't feeling so good. I have taken the opportunity to upgrade to a DSLR, which is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. After reading until my eyes bled, I decided on the Pentax K-r, which was just delivered today and is waiting for me on my front door step! I got the kit with the 18-55 and 55-300 lenses, and thanks to this website I also just purchased a Pentax-M 50mm f/2 lens on Ebay, so I think I will have a pretty nice setup to get started!

I am very excited to be a part of the DSLR owner community, and look forward to seeing what I can accomplish, and I will be sharing some photos with all of you once I have something worth sharing

Again, thank you for this website!

08-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome and congrats on your new K-r.
08-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure how your new kit would survive a dunking, but I'll bet there's no shortage of opinion here on it, if you asked! Weatherproof is one thing but total immersion mightn't be something you'd want to test in a hurry.

Regardless of all that welcome to the Forums, and I'm sure your picture taking will both increase and improve. Don't be afraid to ask!

Cheers
Rob

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 08-05-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
08-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Congrats!

And in OR, you have so much to use your new camera.....! Enjoy!