Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello all

I just entered into slr country buy purchasing a K100d which won't arrive till 12/18/2004 I went with the kit lense because the internet was out of Sigma 18-70 so I thought I would now wait till Pentax came out with theirs, I also got the Da50-200.
I jump from a Sony h-1 because it became to slow for me on indoor shot and looking forwards to the K100d filling in that void.
I really love to take pictures but its a learning process and a journey.

I so glad that I stumbled across this forum I have been reading forums from other camera sites and some are just to big for me.

anyway I'm glad to be here and I will be asking questions.

12-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Hey there. Good luck with your new camera. The best thing I can think of is to just start taking pictures, and take notes even if you must. SLR photography is fun, but it's also an art. This means practice, practice, practice, study, and have fun! I think you'll find the DA 18-55 to be quite good, but learn it's limits and strong points as well.
12-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
so, it's 12/19. Did you get your camera? Have you had a chance to play around with it yet?
12-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. You will find this a good group to help you grow and there are all levels of photograhic skill but we all started out at the begining. Have fun with your new camera and show us your stuff.

12-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
so, it's 12/19. Did you get your camera? Have you had a chance to play around with it yet?

Yes I did and it's so much better than what I had before. It takes really clean pictures and have been messing around with raw. Can't wait to get it outside.
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

welcome aboard and I know you will like it here. As Ben said practice practice practice and shoot up everything in sight try all angles and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're all here for that and won't be afraid to give you the best information we can give. Now post some shots already.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome new Pentax owner!

One of the things I love about this site is EVERY pentax is important, not just the high end ones. Everyone shares ideas and facts, all very helpful.

looking forward to some of those outdoor shots!

randy

« Hello! | Howdy »