Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #1

Stontax from NZ

Hi all Pentax lovers and greetings from New Zealand.
Being both a Rolling Stones fan and a staunch Pentax user led to my user name. My first Pentax was a Spotmatic 500 with which I learnt all the basics and fell in love with the Pentax Way. Next were the KX, MX, LX (still have them all and will never sell) and finally the MZ-S, a fantastic camera with the blessings of autofocus for my old eyes and on board flash. I've been using the MZ-S for several years and have just done my niece's wedding in Malaysia. Previously did some family weddings in the '80s using my MX and LX together with SMC 35mm f2 and SMC 100mm f2.8, my favourite lenses. Photographing my niece's wedding last month was a joy as I had also done her mother's wedding 25 years earlier. The results using the MZ-S with FA 35mm f2 and FA 24-90 zoom together with 160 ASA Professional Fujifilm were superb, every bit as good as those previously. I'm a bit reluctant to move to digital (perhaps when Pentax introduce a full frame version?) and the only downside I see with film is not being able to confirm instant capture of the image. There is also, of course, the nervous wait for developing, but none of my Pentax cameras has ever let me down. The colour saturation and detail from the recent wedding negatives have transferred as TIF files to DVD and flash drive brilliantly so I'll be quite happy continuing with film for some time to come. I have also accumulated many SMC lenses over the last 40 years and they are like old friends, never to be sold. That's all for now. Thanks

08-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kia ora chap.You have signed up to the right forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. There is plenty of local help available. Welcome aboard.
08-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the comprehensive introduction. Please enjoy your stay.