Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Signing on from Virginia, USA

Greetings Everyone!

I've been reading the forum for the last month or so and finally got around to joining. Here's a little bit about me ...

I got into photography back in high school. I saved for a long time to buy a Minolta X-700 and gradually collected a few lenses. I also developed a love for the darkroom. While I flirted with going to school for photography, practicality got the better of me and I became an engineer instead. Once I lost access to the darkroom (and the free time to use it) my interest (and skills) atrophied.

After getting married, I cautiously stepped back in with a digital P&S, and began to grudgingly admit that maybe digital cameras & processing software were worth pursuing. The deal was clinched with recent birth of my first child and watching an old high school friend of mine (who did go pro) come out and do a photoshoot with our family. After spending the last couple of months learning everything I could about DSLRs, I finally settled on a K10D w/SMC 35mm f2 as the best equipment to replicate the feel, philosophy, and photo quality I'd learned to love with my X-700 and prime lenses.

So here I am, excited about my great new equipment and my 3mo old subject. The only thing I miss is the smell of the fixer on my hands ...

11-27-2007, 04:29 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Virginian. I am in Gainesville and I have only been here a couple of months, but I have learned quite a bit. There are quite a few very knowledgeable people here.
11-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
Forum Member

Newport News Virginia here...welcome!
11-27-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. May I suggest you look into an external hard drive now. Before you know it your pc will be overflowing with pictures.

11-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #5

Great choice in gear. Welcome!!!
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Welcome, nice to have a fellow Virginian onboard.
11-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.